Yes, he drives me cray, cray some days; but I love working with my spouse. He is the yin to my yang and I would not have it any other way. We have worked together for years. I’m often asked to share our success story and I end up focusing on the cons instead of all the great pros. Yes, it has its challenges but, it is worth it.
I decided today I would focus on the things I love about working with my spouse. Here are my top 5 things that I love about working with my spouse.
- We celebrate our wins together. It is great to get a huge contract or an important business call and turn to my husband to have an instant celebration. Sometimes I do not have to say anything. He knows from the look in my eyes that we have won another contract or achieved another goal.
- We complement each other. We are totally different. I am a pessimist and he is an optimist. He sees the glass half full in all situations and I have way too many questions about the glass to even realize if it is full or empty. But, when it comes to business it is a great match. When I want to over think things, he pushes me to take the risk. When he wants to jump out there and risk it all, I am there to pull him back to think about the long-term effects of our decisions.
- You understand the down times. Working with your spouse eliminates the back and forth of explaining what you are going through. He gets that I am mad about a client or that money may be a little slow for the month. There is no long background story.
- You work towards a common goal together. It is amazing to set goals for the month and achieve them together. I never feel alone in getting the job done. He is right there with me every step of the way.
- It makes your marriage stronger. Going through business ups and downs has strengthened our relationship. It has allowed me to lean on him more both in business and personally.
I am not saying it is a cake walk but it is worth it. If you are looking to work with your spouse then think long and hard about the pros and cons. Read more about our couplepreneurship journey here.